A popular homemade appetizer favorite. Delicious and simple to make. Bring to any gathering or pot luck and watch them disappear!
Servings 12 people
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- ground paprika for garnish optional
- Carefully place eggs in saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a rolling boil for one minute and remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stay in hot water for 20 minutes. Drain and rinse eggs under cold running water. Refrigerate eggs
- Cook bacon in skillet until evenly brown and set aside on plate lined with paper towel. Cool and crumble bacon
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs and cut in half lengthwise. Remove yolks, place in a small bowl, and mash with fork. Mix in mayonnaise, crumbled bacon, and shredded cheddar cheese
- Fill egg halves with yolk mixture and place onto egg platter. Dust with ground paprika and refrigerate until ready to serve
I try to make the hard-boiled eggs a day ahead so I can refrigerate them overnight for easier peeling.