This page may contain affiliate links. Read here for more details.
A simple, delicious candied carrot. This is my family's favorite vegetable. They are on our table for every holiday meal. Just boil the carrots in a saucepan, drain, add a few ingredients, and they are ready to eat!
Servings 4 people
- 1 pound carrots cut into 2 inch pieces may use baby carrots
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- Place carrots in a saucepan of salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a high simmer and cook for about 20 minutes or until carrots are fork tender. Do not cook carrots to a "mushy" stage
- Drain the carrots and return carrots back into the now empty saucepan. Over low heat, add the butter, brown sugar, and salt and pepper to the carrots and stir to combine. Cook for about 5 minutes and serve